50 Cent Says He's No Longer Ending 'Power' After Season 6

Power fans rejoice — 50 Cent is no longer ending the Starz series after its forthcoming sixth season... or so he says.

On Tuesday (June 25), the business mogul, who is an executive producer, director, and star on the show, shocked fans when he announced on Instagram that the series is no longer ending this year. "I Changed my mind POWER is not going to be over after season 6. This sh*t is to [sic] good 🤦‍♂️#lecheminduroi#bransoncognac#starzplay," he wrote.

50's post was met with shock and awe as fans loaded the post's comment section with thank yous and praise hands. However, not all fans were sold on the infamous troller's claim. "STOP PLAYING WITH OUR EMOTIONS MAN 😩😩😩😩😩😩," one wrote. Another added, "😩😩 why he playin with us like thissss."

While 50 claims he's not done with the series, a few of Power's stars have already said goodbye to the show. Just last week Lala Anthony shared a photo from her final day on set, which she captioned: "And that’s OFFICIALLY a wrap on POWER...the final season..🙏🏽😢I’m forever grateful to the cast and crew of this AMAZING show. This show changed my life in so many ways!!! WE DID IT. Take this last ride with us when our final season premieres on Aug 25th. Love you for always supporting us through the years..@power_starz#thefinalbetrayal."

As fans know the series has aired on Starz for five years.

 

Power's sixth and possibly final season, which will feature 15 episodes, is set to premiere at Madison Square Garden in New York City on August 20, five days before the season premiere. The huge special event will include performances by 50 and a number of "surprise guests." The show's large cast will also be in attendance.

The event is open to the public. RSVPs open on July 9. Find out more information about it HERE.

Photo: Getty Images

title

Content Goes Here