Across the country restaurants are opening their dining areas back up. Yes, with lots of rules but they are for the safety of everyone. While going out to eat with family or friends and adjusting to the new norm please take a look at the list below.
I saw this going around facebook and I'm not sure who wrote the original post so I copied it below.
It's basically a reminder of what our servers will be going through while serving with these new rules and how we can do our part to help. And remember...PATIENCE.
HERE'S THE POST:
Yes! Restaurant patios are almost open! This is a new world though. You're most likely going to a restaurant that threw together a patio in hopes of making some money. The building was not designed for this. They are trying their best but everything may not be perfect. Eating in the streets is fun but it's going to be hard on the employees. They have to wear a mask and gloves no matter how hot and go possibly a few hundred feet to get more water. They are going to be hot, sweaty and most likely overwhelmed because these restaurants are not set up for this. Please help your servers in this journey by doing the following
1. Don't run your server. Try your best to ask for everything you need at once. Remember it's going to be a long walk from the street into the building for more water or anything else. Help us out by asking all at once
2. No mask jokes or your views on them. The server has to wear it. They have no choice and really your opinion of them while you're eating not wearing one means nothing to them.
3. The server is wearing the mask to protect you and you have nothing on to protect them. Wash your hands.
4. You eat. You go.
Eat your meal. Have some drinks but please do not sit at a table all night unless you continue to spend money. These restaurants are working with very limited space. They can't afford for you to order 2 side salads and water and sit there 4 hours. Yes people do do that. All the time.
5. Don't come out if your sick.
6. Social distancing. Keep your kids at the table. Yes. They're cute but if they are running around they are getting too close to other people.
7. Cut everyone some slack. Everything may be a bit slow because this is basically a new job for everyone. Be kind.
8. Tip. Unless you get a really rude server tip. They are going to be sweating wearing masks all to make a buck. Please treat them right and leave a DECENT tip. If you can't afford to tip you can't afford to go out.
9. Be pleasant. You should be happy. You're finally out.
10. Realize that the staff is doing their best.
11. Remember you have 3 meals a day every day of your life. This is only one of them. Calm down and enjoy it!